Our client is a privately owned upscale Japanese Restaurant in Munich. The Restaurant owner is an enthusiast for Japanese culture. The management is German, the kitchen team and part of the server staff is Japanese. We are passionate about food and about serving good quality to our customers. We see ourselves as Ambassadors for Japanese (Food) culture and want our customers (80% German) to fully understand and experience Japan.
We provide high food quality (high quality fish and meat and organic food, where its possible) and our Sushi is one of the best in Munich.
Our restaurant has 46 seats inside – and a beautiful terrace outside with Japanese maple trees (momiji), open from approx. May to October – depending on weather) with also 46 seats outside. We serve lunch (Mo – Sat) and dinner (Mo – Sun).
Average guests lunchtime: 12 -15. Average guests dinner: Evenings during the week and Sunday’s: 40-50; Friday’s/Saturday’s: 60 – 80.
We are constantly moving forward in improving ourselves for better service and quality for our customers.
For our new kitchen members, we are looking forward to passionate and creative cooks, who want to bring in their good ideas, their knowledge and who want to help us to grow and move forward…
Head chef/Executive Chef:
SALARY (monthly net): 2.500 – 3.100 Euro (depending on the qualification of the applicant); 20 + 5 days holiday in the 1st year- increased in the 2nd year
COMPANY BENEFITS: health insurance and pension insurance, daily meals at work, restaurant discount, monthly tip share, company mobile phone (Apple iPhone) with phone contract, 5-days extra holidays (= 20 + 5), Full support in Visa-procedure (we will take care for the Visa Process), Support with daily life in Munic (p.e. Health Insurance application, Bank-account application,…)
Accommodation: small – but nice apartment near the restaurant is provided; fully equipped with modern furniture. Cost: around 700 Euro, all inclusive (except Wifi), Cost will be deducted from salary.
– ONLY Japanese National
– experience as head-chef in an upscale Japanese Restaurant / specialized in Sushi
– long experience and very good skills in high quality Sushi (our core product is Sushi) and Sashimi and naturally how to handle fish
– excellent Team management and team building and people skills – especially for Japanese staff
– teaching / Staff Training skills
– Japanese cuisine expert
– creative Chef with focus on quality and presentation
– dedicated and passionate about cooking
– Menu design and development experience
– Available for at least 2 years full-time contract
– English speaking would be perfect- but not absolutely necessary
Chef de Partie-for Sushi:
SALARY (monthly net): 1.700 – 2.100 Euro (depending on the qualification); 20 days holiday in the 1st year- increased in the 2nd year
COMPANY BENEFITS: health and pension insurance, daily meals at work, restaurant discount, monthly tip share (depending on performance), company mobile phone contract, full support in Visa-procedure (we will take care of the Visa Process), Support with daily life in Munich (p.e. Health Insurance application, Bank-account application,…)
Accommodation: Fully equipped room with modern furniture in shared flat, approx. 15min walking distance from the restaurant. Cost: approx. 450 Euro all inclusive will be deducted from the salary.
– JAPANESE NATIVE or at least Japanese speaking (with deep understanding for Japanese culture and mindset)
– at least 3-4 years experience as a Sushi Chef
– experience in upscale Japanese cuisine restaurants
– dedicated and passionate about cooking and with willingness to also bring-in own ideas, developing own recipes…
– very good skills in high quality Sushi (our core product is Sushi) and Sashimi and naturally how to handle fish
– creative Chef with focus on quality and presentation, who gives 100% to achieve excellence
– Focus on quality and food presentation
– Good team player
– Available for at least 2 years full-time contract
Our actual kitchen structure is as follows (can be discussed and alternated with the new head chef):
– 1 Head chef (—> position vacant- looking for a suitable candidate)
– 1 Sous-chef
– 4 chefs for sushi and also warm kitchen and desert. In our restaurant, all chefs are trained for all positions. ( —> 1 Sushi-chef position position is vacant- looking for a suitable candidate)
– 1 -2 kitchen assistants
– 170 – 190 working hours (this includes overtime- if necessary)
– our shift system: 3 days split shift: 11.00 – 15.00 and 17.30/18.00 – 23.00/23.30 and 2 days normal shift 15.30/16.00 – 23.00/23.30
– 5-day week with 2 days off
What we do:
– lunchtime: small lunch menu
– dinner: bigger dinner menu
– special menu’s (3-5 dishes), regularity depending on time and special idea’s of our kitchen team
– New Years Eve: 2-3 special 5 course menus
– Valentine’s day: 2 different 4 course menus
– Sake/Japanese Whisky/Japanese Gin tasting events with special adapted Food pairings (6-8 Events per year)
– Christmas special dinner menu 4 course
– Caterings, if booked (p.e. we made the catering for the German Launch of Suntory Haku Vodka in April 2019)
The reason why we are looking for a New Head chef: last year we had a change in this position. Our Head chef, who was 60 years old felt the need to retire. His successor (55 years) could not fill in the responsibility and the requirements and given his age decided for new opportunities as a normal Sushi-chef in another restaurant in Munich. Therefore we are now looking for an experienced Head-chef wants to take on the challenge and who wants to work with our existing team of passionate chefs (2 very good experienced female Sushi-chefs, 2 young chefs, that are just learning Sushi).
APPLICATIONS: Japanese Nationals & Japan trained/ Japanese speaking candidates can apply using the form bellow