|Job title:||Kitchen Manager – Chief Steward|
|Department:||VIP Estate /Venue|
|Reporting directly to:||Director of Food and Beverage / Executive Chef
/ Executive sous chef
|Responsible for:||Food and Beverage production|
|Hours of work:||40 hours per week and as required|
|Location:||Riyadh, Jeddah and as required|
Scope and Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the Executive Chef or his delegate, and within the limits of established Policies and Procedures and Food and Beverage Manual, oversees and directs all aspects of the Stewarding Operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the function of all Stewarding Department employees, facilities, operation and costs.
- Controls, on an on-going basis, the following: Quality levels of product and service, Guest satisfaction, Operating costs, Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Establishes and maintain such systems and methods of operation as are necessary to supply all outlets and production areas with clean, correct, and timely mice-en-place; minimizes cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staff levels.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on-the-job performance appraisal and coaching to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develops formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for Stewarding Department employees.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef and the Materials Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par-stocks and supplies. Approved store room requisitions.
- Attends and contributes to the weekly Food and Beverage Departmental meetings.
- Keeps up-to-date records which includes, but are not limited to, the following: Specifications, Costs, Breakage, Par-Stocks
- Implements the Palace Sanitation Check List as defined in the Food and Beverage Manual and takes corrective action as required.
- Participates in the preparation of the Kitchen and Food and Beverage Department Goals.
- Conducts all administrative work required, including, but not limited to the following: Attendance records, Duty roster, File on casual employees, Health inspection records
- Ensures cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work and coordinates with Engineering
- Works closely with Engineering for maintenance of areas and equipment.
- Initiates requisitions, miss-conduct reports, work and maintenance orders. Keeps log-books of personnel performance, complaints, problems and daily activities.
- Conducts inventories of operating equipment in coordination with Cost Control.
- Maintains close coordination with the Kitchen and Banqueting Team. Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
To attend any meeting or training sessions as required by management.
To be conversant with:
- a) The VIP Estate /Venue Fire Procedures
- b) The VIP Estate /Venue Security Procedures
- c) The VIP Estate /Venue Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- d) The VIP Estate /Venue facilities and attractions
- e) VIP Estate /Venue operation standards and department procedures
- To adhere to the VIP Estate /Venue Private Affairs policies and procedures for quality, environment and food safety.
Salary & Benefits :
Package between: 1,840 EUR to 2,760 EUR/Net per month + Expat package (Accommodation provided + Travel expenses, Visa provided , 30 days holidays )
Applications: Please send your updated CV + Portfolio , any certificates and Reference letters using the form bellow