|Job title:||Specialty Chef Greek Cuisine|
|Department:||VIP Estate / Venue|
|Reporting directly to:||Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef|
|Responsible for:||Food and Beverage production|
|Hours of work:||40 hours per week and as required|
|Location:||Riyadh, Jeddah and as required
Candidate Specifications :
- At least 10 years experience in Greek Cuisine
- Experience in 5* Hotels or award winning restaurants or 5* Cruise lines
- Fine dining experience
- Creative and Ambitious Chef who can provide High quality Dishes with immaculate presentation
- To work good under pressure
- Experience in both Quality and high volume operations
- Excellent people Manager who can delegate the duties to the team and deliver even on short notice
- Excellent people skills to communicate with VIP Guests
Scope and Purpose of the Position
Under the direction of the Executive Chef or his delegate, and within the limits of established VIP Estate Private Affairs Policies and Procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of the Food Production and Stewarding operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day –to-day operation of the Food Production and Stewarding sections and inform the Executive Chef of any decision taken which did not require his action and any other relevant information.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence and coordinates with the Sous Chef Banqueting the smooth running of all Food and Beverage Production on specialty items.
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, the level of the following: Costs, Issuing of food, Quality and presentation of food and beverage products, Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, VIP Estate / Venue Guest satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, counselling and taking disciplinary actions to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with VIP Estate / Venue Private Affairs guidelines and implements training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for Food Production of Specialty item.
- Assists the Executive Chef in planning and organizing successful Food and Beverage special Greek Cuisine nights for our VIP guests.
- Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal result.
- Assist the Executive Chef in making recipes on specialty dishes
- Assists the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Assists the Executive Chef in setting standards of all food and equipment purchases in according to the needs of the specialty kitchen
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
To attend any meeting or training sessions as required by management.
To be conversant with:
- a) The VIP Estate / Venue Fire Procedures
- b) The VIP Estate / Venue and Royal Private Affairs Security Procedures
- c) The VIP Estate / Venue Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- d) The VIP Estate / Venue facilities and attractions
- e) Palace operation standards and department procedures
- To adhere to the VIP Estate / Venue Private Affairs policies and procedures for quality, environment and food safety.
Responsible for budget and stock / food cost in your control
Salary & Benefits :
Package between: 3,450 to 5,750 EUR /Net per month + Expat package ( Accommodation provided in 5* hotel + Travel expenses, Visa provided , 30 days holidays )
Applications: Please send your updated CV + Portfolio , any certificates and Reference letters using the form bellow